Town of Cross Community Center User Agreement
- You must be a Town of Cross resident/taxpayer age 18 or older.
- The user fee is $120.00 for Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays or $60.00 for full day/$30.00 for half day (less than 8 hours) on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays (except holidays) payable in full at the execution of this agreement. The rental fee is 75% refundable if renter gives the Town notification of cancellation more than 60 days prior to the event. If notice is received by the Town more than 30 days, but less than 60 days prior to the event 50% of the fee shall be refunded. There shall be no refunds of fees if notice is received within 30 days of the date of the event. The rental runs from 8am the day of until midnight.
- User shall pay the Town of Cross a deposit of $300.00 at the time of the execution of this agreement. This deposit shall be held by the Town as a damage/cleaning deposit. Within 10 days after the date of the event, the Town shall notify the user of the deposit less any charges which the Town will enumerate at that time. If no damage incurs the deposit check will be destroyed.
- The premises may not be used for commercial purposes of any type and the Town reserves the right to refuse any request which the Town Board reasonably believes is either of a commercial nature or is inappropriate for the premises. Organizations renting the premises shall do so only through a Town resident and all organizations shall be organized as not for profit.
- Tables must not be dragged, leaned or stood upon.
- All Town property must stay inside of the building.
- All garbage must be picked up and removed by the user.
- No Decorations may be hung from the ceilings or walls. If there are any marks, scrapes, or dirt all or part of the security deposit will be retained by the Town.
- No glasses or cups are allowed outside of the building.
- No candles are allowed. Candles used for birthday cakes are acceptable.
- Children must be supervised at all times while inside and outside of the building which also includes the parking lot.
- Town hall maximum capacity is 99 people at one time.
- The entire building is smoke free.
- The hall must be returned to the way it was set-up prior to using. Failure to do so will result in the security deposit or parts thereof being retained by the Town (including all tables, chairs, counters clean and floors swept).
- User may bring alcoholic beverages to the premises. Alcohol may not be sold or exchanged for anything of value. NO person under the age of 21 years shall be served alcoholic beverages. No alcohol shall be served to persons who are intoxicated or who appear to be intoxicated.
- If damage to the property exceeds the security deposit, the user will be billed for the difference between the security deposit and the additional charges for damages.
- The Town of Cross shall not be responsible for any damage or injury that may happen to user, invitees, employees, guests or property from any cause whatsoever prior, during or subsequent to the period covered in this agreement, nor shall the Town be responsible for any loss of personal property suffered by the same, “User hereby expressly releases the Town of Cross from any such liability and agrees to indemnify the Town against any and all claims, demand, causes of action or lawsuit which may be brought against the Town, its officers and employees, upon any such claim and to pay on behalf of the Town, its officers, and employees, upon demand, the amount of the judgement which may be rendered against them, in any such action or proceeding.
- When you leave the building, you must lock all doors (front door can only be locked from inside the building, you will have to exit using side door after you lock the front door) and set the temperature to 58 degrees during the winter or 76 degrees during the summer.
This agreement is entered into between the TOWN OF CROSS and .
Under this agreement the user may use and occupy the Town of Cross Community Center as follows:
User’s Phone Number:
Signed this _____ day of __________________ , 20___ .
Town of Cross Official:
Return to Carrie Venner-Adams, Town of Cross Clerk at S3173 County RD M, Fountain City WI 54629, (608) 687-3228
Agreements cannot be submitted more than 12 months in advance.